Macromolecular crystallography with synchrotron radiation
A new Multi-Technique Proposal mechanism pilot phase has been created for projects that require the use of two or more scientific techniques available at SSRL this includes both x-ray and EM. A goal is to expand it in the future to include additional techniques such as those available at LCLS. The new pilot proposals will require a thorough justification as to why the two or more techniques are required for scientific success.
- Synchrotron Radiation Macromolecular crystallography: instrumentation, methods and applications.
- Synchrotron radiation macromolecular crystallography: science and spin-offs.
- How to Create a Mind: The Secret of Human Thought Revealed;
- Protein Micro-Crystallography: Nanotechnology Challenges Ahead;
- Protein Crystallography: Gently does it for submicron crystals | eLife;
- Automation of X-ray crystallography | Nature Structural & Molecular Biology.
- Make Do & Cook (Make Do Books).
The new proposal will be available June 1 and the first deadline for submission will be July 1. Beam Line. UV-Vis microspec.
Synchrotron Radiation in Life Sciences
Sample Database Spreadsheet templates. Remote Unix Desktop.
Control Software Blu-Ice. The shrinkage of a water or dilute solute droplet during evaporation results in a wetting transition with liquid entering the gaps between the pillars . At higher solute concentrations, a viscous protein layer is formed at the droplet rim by convective-flow mediated mass transport during evaporation. The reduced molecular mobility at the rim can result in self-assembly and the formation of 1D or 2D morphologies [39 , 40]. Indeed, a solution of rod-like tobacco mosaic virus TMV particles of nm length and 18 nm diameter forms a coffee-ring type layer on the pillars Figure 7A [40 , 42].
Raster-diffraction with a x nm 2 beam reveals micro-domains on and between the pillars with the nanorods axes aligned more or less parallel to the rim and pillar surface Figure 7B , 7C. Single crystalline features, already noted in a TMV microbeam study  , are apparent in a pattern from the residue of the retracting layer on top of a pillar Figure 7A , 7B.
The best resolution of 1. Improving the resolution of self-assembled TMV particles on artificially structured substrates will be an interesting challenge. The optical field reduces random motion due to Brownian forces, allowing raster-scans of trapped objects by microPX techniques [48 , 49]. The laser beam can be split holographically into multiple traps .
In order to cope with objects of very low scattering power, sample supports and confining walls have to have ultralow background scattering and X-ray absorption. Helpful discussions with A. Accardo, F.
BabuManjasetty / Presentations
De Angelis and G. Pechkova Genova University , C. Burghammer, A. Popov, S. Colletier and N. Coquelle IBS-Grenoble are gratefully acknowledged. References 1. Protein Micro- and Nanocrystallography using Synchrotron Radiation.
- Legislating the War on Terror: An Agenda for Reform;
- A Common Man’s Guide to the Common Market.
- Advanced Adhesives in Electronics: Materials, properties and applications!
Micro-Crystallography Comes of Age. Femtosecond X-Ray Protein Nanocrystallography. Plenty of Room for Biology at the Bottom. The European Synchrotron, Grenoble.
Nave C. Proteomics and Nanocrystallography.
- You are here;
- You are here.
- Научная деятельность | Synchrotron Research Institute.
- Schools & Workshops.
- IN ADDITION TO READING ONLINE, THIS TITLE IS AVAILABLE IN THESE FORMATS:;
- Transport theory.
- Synchrotron Radiation in Life Sciences | Bentham Science.
Nave C, Hill MA. Cowan JA, Nave C. IUCrJ 1 4 : Nano Lett 12 12 : Optical Levitation by Radiation Pressure. Grier DG. A Revolution in Optical Manipulation. Optical Trapping. Cole A. Citation: Riekel C. NanoWorld J 1 3 : NanoWorld Journal. Editorial Board. Author Guidelines.